Monday, December 28, 2015

Potty Training, Day 1

Day 1 of potty training complete! 

Though Giada is only 13.5 months old, I'm on a mission to have her potty trained by the time baby boy Serpa arrives. After hours of research and much thought, I'm on a mission to get rid of those diapers!

Every 15 minutes I had her sit on the potty for as long as she would entertain the idea. Along with the constant potty attempts, it was no diaper during the day and a close eye on that coo! During her naps, I put the diaper back on because I'm not ready to wash sheets everyday. Also, later in the evening I put her diaper on once again, just to see if she would poop before bed. Selfishly, I didn't want to be disturbed at night because she wasn't comfortable or needed to poop. 

Today, we had two successful poops in the potty and one successful pee. With the success, we had several potty accidents. My plan is to stay home until Wednesday and give her three intense days of training ( Which is going to be a long three days!). 

Though I don't feel as if there was much success, I know it's s marathon and not a sprint. 

Bring on Day 2!



Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...