Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Old Stomping Grounds

While attending college at Fresno State, I was looking for the perfect job with flexible hours that accomadated my school schedule and had a steady income. After speaking with my parents, they recommended I look into a restaurant job. With no experience, the Elephant Bar took a chance with this newbee and hired me on as a hostess; shortly thereafter becoming a waitress.  I spent the next three years of my college life at the Elephant Bar meeting lifelong friends and developing lifelong skills. Although I've moved on after graduating from Fresno State, there are many fond memories of the past and it's exciting to share the current Elephant Bar’s latest and greatest items on their menu. Not only did I get to visit my old stomping grounds at the Elephant Bar, but my BFF and I enjoyed a great night of drinks and dinner.

Elephant Bar is located in the Villagio Shopping Center in River Park. Recently, they launched their new menu. They have kept some of the favorites but have added some new craft cocktails, wine and brunch cocktails. In addition, they now have a scratch kitchen… Which I love! 

To start off the meal, they have a light and tasty Quick seared Ahi-tuna appetizer. The appetizer is semi glazed, served rare over fresh mixed greens. 


For dinner, we ordered one of their signature dishes, Teriyaki Chicken. The dish is served with wok chared vegetables and a choice of white or brown rice. (I always had it with brown rice).

 

Next, we split their Chicken Marsala served with with hearty mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and a Marsala Wine Sauce. 

 
 Annie and I never miss an opportunity to try a new cocktail, tonight it was the Jungle Colada which will leave you swinging in the trees!
We ended our evening of beverages with the Tito's Mule in a copper mug with a lime wedge dressing. 


Growing up in our house no meal was complete without dessert.  As you know, tradition runs deep in my veins and we weren't going to leave without a something sweet on our lips. 
   The Gooey Butter Cake was decadent!


The Cookie Ele Mode OMG!


Thank you Ann for a great night.


Check out Elephant Bar on Facebook, IG and on their website.

Our Elephant Bar experience was a provided to me in exchange for this review. As always, all opinions expressed are honest and my own.

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...