Monday, August 17, 2015

Parents 35th Anniversary

August 8th (eventhough their actual anniversary was August 9th) we celebrated my parent’s 35th wedding anniversary. The day started off with Anthony's famous bloody marys with the family. My aunt, uncle and cousins came over to watch Giada for the day while we were off to surprise my parents with a day full of wine tasting.(didn't quite make the full day) My cousin Liam was our chauffer for the day in their car that was decorated by my Uncle Jack.  Before leaving for the wineries, my Dad insisted we take a family photo "just like we use to when we were kids". After the photo shoot, we blindfolded my mom and put her in the car. My dad rode with my brother and was not as cooperative. We arrived at the first winery and began our journey. Delicato was the first stop, followed by Klinker Brick (which was my favorite) and then Prie. After three wineries, we made the decision to head home and hang by the pool. Some of the group needed a power nap, while the rest of us watched Giada and the twins swim. As the evening arrived, we prepared lamb, shrimp, scallops, an orzo salad and mixed veggies for dinner.

We had a wonderful time celebrating my parents 35th wedding anniversay and enjoyed some great family bonding!







 

 My aunt, uncle and cousins just came back from Hawaii and brought Giada back some treats! She's not sure what a hula outfit means!

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...