Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wooden Headboard

Jocko is 6 weeks old and I am finally working in his room! The combination of our remodel, move and having Jocko fall so close together left his room unfinished. With that being said, I had several ideas in decorating his room, it was just a matter of time.

Before he was born I found a picture online of a wooden headboard for his crib. Conveniently, I had a distressed wooden mirror frame that I made for the last house. Simply, I took the frame apart and cut it into pieces. After rearranging the "puzzle" several times, I finally had the configuration for the headboard

Next, I started with the bottom row of wood and nailed the pieces on the wall. This step took some measuring to make sure it was centered and level. After mounting all the pieces to the wall, I began to add some character to the wood. The two deer horns are from Anthony and my dads first deer. I added a "J" for Jocko and two other decor pieces. 
Once again I saved a fortune on this project and spent a total of $4.

My Inspiration 
                             
My Headboard


Headboard with the Crib



Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...