Thursday, June 23, 2016

My Babywise Babies

The gift of sleep... Isn't that what every mom wants???

As I prepared to have Giada, I knew there was so much to learn. Thankfully, friends and family filled me in on the good, bad and ugly. Along with the good came the book Babywise. Not only does this book give moms the gift of sleep, it supports scheduling your baby. For anyone who knows me, I like to plan, have routine and know what to expect. On the other hand, Anthony is the complete opposite. Therefore, he was not a supporter. However, when he saw the results and how happy his daughter was, he changed his mind. Now, he would not have done it any other way.

Immediately after learning about Babywise, I headed to the book store and purchased the book. I began reading, highlighting pages and taking in all the information it provided. Once Giada arrived, I stated the schedule and fell in love. To this day, she is my scheduled child, slept through the night at 7 weeks, still loves naps and sleeps from 8-7. Coincidence, I think not.

With that being said, now comes Jocko. There wasn't a question as to if I was going to schedule Jocko. In the beginning, he was not as cooperative as his sister, so I had my doubts. However, I stuck with the plan and Jocko is now sleeping through the night. We have had three nights of full sleep!! In addition, I know when he eats, which gives me the freedom to run errands and leave him at home.

Babywise is not for everyone, but I would not do it any other way!


Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...