Monday, October 24, 2016

Embracing 30 with an 80's BASH

It's official, I've entered the 30's club!  Not only was I struggling with turning 30, I wasn't sure how I wanted to celebrate the big day. Since I was born in the 80's, why not bring the era back to life.  Eventhough it was really my parents and in-laws that lived the dancing parties, awesome neon colors and parachute pants, I thought it would be fun to try to recreate the 80's.   It was crunch time planning a party in 2 weeks, getting all the decorations together and invites out - It was a great success with family and friends! 
 Throwing a party at our house (aka - construction zone) meant there were several items I wanted to update/fix before we had our friends and family in our home. This included painting the kitchen cabinets and ceiling, painting the laundry room, lights in two rooms, Anthony fixing the broken beam in the garage and transforming our house into an 80's Bash.  It's exhausting to think that all of these goals were achieved.  Now ..........it's time to clean the house and get it decorated for the big day! Why did I clean the floors?

  With the help of several companies, the party came together and we had a great time with a delicious taco truck!


  That Party Chick provided me with a printable party pack that included signs, napkin rings, banner and food labels.




 This colorful Happy 30th Birthday Banner is made specially from BellsNBerries
 The banner was the perfect combination between neon's to blend with the party theme!

BellsNBerries also provided  great finger-less gloves for photo booth props

 Pinktastik provided fablous 80s pins, a boombox decoration and water bottle labels.




Party Cheap supplied the  80's cutouts, graffiti signs, 80s tablecloth. napkins, plates and an 80s door sign.

 



These totally awesome koozies were provided by Brant Point Prep


Brant Point Prep can create the perfect koozie for any party!




   Anthony sported his Brant Prep Point koozie all night.

My dad took Richard Simmons to another level by shaving his mustach that has only been shaved one other time in the 40 years my parents have been married!



 Twinsies

Thanks to all the girlies who made it to the party.





Cheers to 30 and the best year yet! I had an amazing time celebrating with family and friends. I couldn't imagine my 30th any different. Thank you to everyone who celebrated with me.

Vendor List

Pinktastik
EB Design and Print

Thank you to all my vendors! As always, all opinions expressed are honest and my own.




Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...