Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Just Hanging On Halloween!

Wow! Amazing how life changes happen so quickly.  Last Halloween I was pregnant with Jocko and living in our old house; now he's almost 6 months old and we're in the middle of transforming our fixer upper home.  I'm not sure if Halloween snuck up on me or it's having 2 kids in less than 2 years, working from home, doing my fixer up projects and trying to blog as well as life getting in the way.  I'm definitely not as efficient as I once was. Is there a song about that? Thank goodness for Amazon prime and adorable kids costumes. The house, well it wasn't exactly as I imagined.  Oh well, there's always next year!

Talking about homes.....We began our Halloween escapade last weekend at my cousin Gio and Casey's house. Halloween is their HOLIDAY and it's amazing what Casey did with their home! Best described as creative, creepy and crawly with the unknown around every corner. Not sure if I'll ever quite live up to their creativity! Since we celebrated my 30th the night before with a 80's theme party, I sported the same costume. It was decided that Anthony was dressed like Woody in Toy Story.


Last Sunday, we hit the pumpkin patch with the kids before Anthony headed off to Colorado on his deer hunting trip.  Giada could have cared less about the pumpkins! Instead, she headed straight to the horses and took a ride. (Dad's in trouble if this is any indicator of her future hobbies)  Jocko enjoyed the pumpkin patch through his closed eyelids, thank goodness for pictures!





By now, you know that family tradition is very important to me.  This year was the first for us to introduce Giada to carving pumpkins.  Well.....at first she wasn't too keen on the idea, but after watching daddy it wasn't such a bad idea and she didn't want to share scooping the seeds out of the pumpkins. 




Halloween is here, friends and family are coming for appetizers, then trick or treating for the kids and.......I'm running around trying to prepare for the festivities as usual....





Do you notice anything unusual about my trick or treat?






The kiddos all looked amazing and we enjoyed a night of food, candy and laughs. 




By the end of the night, Giada was more intetested in dumping her candy in and out of her halloween bag (aka pillow case), than actually eating the candy.

Another successful Halloween has come and gone... Let's hope next year I'm a little more prepared.
Though the decorations we at a minimum, the kids looked great and we had a successful Halloween party at our house.




Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...