Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Jocko James Serpa

Monday, May 2nd at 1:58 PM, we were blessed with a handsome baby boy! Jocko James was born at St. Agnes Hospital weighing 5lbs 1oz, 18 1/2 inches long and healthy.

That morning we arrived at 6:30 AM for a scheduled induction. Now that I have been induced twice, I enjoy not having to wait in triage. Instead we go straight to a deliver room and prep for the induction. My doctor arrived and began the labor process at 8:45... Without too much detail, Jocko was born just a few hours later!

Due to our knowledge of him being small, my doctor had the NICU staff ready in the room, but fortunately they were not needed. Overall, the staff at St Agnes was amazing and my nurses were beyond helpful!



Jocko is just a little over a week old and we are back to a strict feeding schedule. Even though it has only been 18 months since I began Baby Wise, it's amazing how much I forgot. Jocko is eating every 2 1/2 hours and only nursing at 3 AM and around 6AM. (I only give him a little snack at this feeding because I wake him at 7:30 to start the day.) Unlike Giada, I have already introduced the bottle and have started pumping. He goes back and forth between breastfeeding and bottle (with breast milk) without a problem.

We are so in love and look forward to the journey ahead!
















Brother and Sister on the day they both went home from the hospital

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...