Friday, September 23, 2016

Being a Mama Bear

For this Farmhouse Friday I'm sharing with you my kiddos and what it's like to be a Mama Bear and keep our Farmhouse (or work in progress) intact.  

Being a mama bear is exhausting, challenging, emotional, and overwhelming at times, but the best job I could ask for! Waking up to the instant duties of making bottles, changing diapers, cooking breakfast and getting Giada out the door before I start work, makes for crazy mornings. As soon as work starts, my phone rings all day from 8:00 till 3:30. As work duties keep me occupied, I still have the "everyday" things that need to get done at home... Cleaning, laundry, cooking and everything that falls in-between. Before I know it 3:30 has arrived, both kids are home and napping while I am still trying to get some work finished and switch from teacher/mom mode to wife and mom. However, if I didn't wake up every morning with all the craziness, I wouldn't know what to do.

As we lead this busy life and juggle work, life and fun; it is easy to get consumed and forget about the little things in life. Starting this weekend, we are busy into the middle of January (when my little sis gets married... Whoop Whoop!) and our poor kiddos will be juggled around. With that being said, I enjoyed taking some time today to capture my "Mama Bear" shirt and some precious pictures with my kiddos.



This shirt is from The Sparrow and Ink. I love how comfy, soft and tailored the shirt fits. 


Sparrow and Ink offers it all. You can find baby clothes, little kids and women size shirts. Not only does the shirt fit perfect, they are reasonably priced. 

Visit The Sparrow and Ink for all they offer 



Jocko is getting so big and sporting the GQ look.


Though we may be smiling in all of these pictures, the other part to being a Mama Bear is dealing with those dreaded tantrums... And let me tell you, Giada was all about the tantrums while taking pictures.

This captures her re-joining us as she decided to put her smiley face back on.




This melts my heart, when Giada loves on her brother. 


And there's nothing like chasing your daughter while holding the infant in your hands. 




In the end, being Mama Bear to Giada and Jocko is priceless and it is important to remember these moments fly by.




Sparrow and Ink

The Mama Bear shirt was received in exchange for a review.  All opinions expressed are honest and my own.

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...