Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Found Bench!

Keeping with the white distressed theme, I finished my "found bench". A little over a year ago, my dad and I decided we wanted to build a piece of furniture out of wood from my backyard. Slowly, we gathered all the wood we could find and went to the drawing board. With the artistic ability of my dad, we were able to create a bench with wine storage. (A necessity in this house!) Anthony and my dad spent the day building the bench. Once they finished the bench, I put a coat of stain on the wood and placed it in our house. 

After moving to the new house, I continually looked at the bench and was never pleased with the final product. I loved the sturdiness of the wood, but the color did not work in the new house. Finally, my obsession of the color white took over and I began painting the bench. Initially, I was going to leave some of the wood stained and other parts distressed. It didn't take long for me to realize, I wanted the WHOLE bench white and distressed.

I wish I had a better "before" picture, but this is all I could scrounge up!

 You can see it was a light wood color. 

Here are a few picture of the bench when it was two different colors.






 Final Product!















Not too shabby for a piece of furniture costing $0

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...