Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fruit Stands


During the summer, I do my best to buy all our fruits and vegetables from local fruit stands. Since I make all of Giada’s food and love having fresh fruit in the house, a quick stop at the fruit stand is the best way to go. For $2 I get a large bag of fruit or vegetables and $1 for herbs. Recently, I bought a bag with 8 large garlic heads for $2. Even though it was a little work to peel the garlic, I stuck it all in my Bullet, (which I love) with a little olive oil, and now have a jar in the refrigerator full of garlic ready to go. The flavor is great and I can’t beat the price.

I frequent the fruit stands on Willow/Behymer and Herndon/Magill (Just north of Herndon and head east on Magill).

Please feel free to share your favorite fruit stands.


Storing Garlic Safetly
http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/freeze/garlic_oil.html

Featured Post

A Walk Down Memory Lane

It's hard to believe we have lived in our fixer upper for more than 9 months! Shortly after moving into our home we went from a family ...